Current Job Openings
Maryland Paving, Inc. is a leading producer of asphalt paving products and recycled products. Serving the Baltimore region’s paving contractors since 1964. At Maryland Paving, employees are our most important asset. The dedication of each employee is why we are award winning leaders in our industry. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, a safe working environment and the opportunity to grow your career with a stable and proud company.
Quality Pavement Repair Laborer
The QPR Laborer will provide support to QPR production, by performing tasks that involve filling bags with QPR product, lifting 50 pound QPR bags, and stacking QPR finished product on pallet. This position reports to our Asphalt Plant in Finksburg, MD.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Fill bags with QPR product from auger, then send down the production line to seal bags.
- Flatten/level out sealed bag to prep for stacking pattern on pallet.
- Move 50 pound bag to stack final QPR product on pallet according to organized stack pattern.
- Use forklift to move QPR product pallets.
- Shrink wrap QPR product pallets to prepare for shipment.
- Material handling and storage.
- Willingly attend and support Manager during morning huddles and toolbox talks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Supervise as many as 30 truck drivers daily, schedules jobs and trucks, and communicate to drivers where they need to be.
- Supervise as many as 30 drivers a day ensuring they get the correct load and get to the correct jobsite.
- Schedule jobs and trucks, and tell truck drivers where they need to be; prepare daily schedule and distribute; prepare time reports; meet every morning with truckers to go over schedule.
- Monitor performance and attendance; enforce company policies and procedures; monitor new hire mentoring with experienced driver; resolve discipline issues; handle drug testing; conduct monthly tailgate safety meetings at jobsite; promote a safety conscious culture.
- Interact with Maryland Paving Asphalt plants on a daily basis to ensure load pickups are timely and the correct amount; prepare extra work tickets.
- Fill in for Dispatch Manager when out.
- Monitor the GPS system with drivers, and properly dispatch drivers from point A to point B.
- Ensure trucks are brought in for preventive maintenance when notified by shop; notify shop when a repair (e.g. tire blowout) or service is needed on a truck, and when it will arrive at shop; arrange for tow if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School education required. Some college work preferred.
- Minimum of 2 -5 years of dispatch experience in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- 3 years or more experience in using an APEX ticketing software.
- Experience with a minimum of 3 asphalt plant setups.
Please visit www.graynson.com for current job openings with our sister company Gray & Son, Inc.
Maryland Paving Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
In personal applications are accepted Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm. M., 430 W. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-771-4031. When submitting your resume please identify what position you are applying for.